Sunday, 25 May 2014

A little trip to Boots ♥

Hello again, 

It is another sunny day so when I woke up this morning I thought it would be a perfect day for a cheeky trip to the shops. I didn't go crazy and only picked up a few things (ish) in Boots and I thought I would share them with you today. 


Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Shampoo & Conditioner:
As I mentioned in a previous post, my hair is very thick and quite damaged     (from my teen years of experimenting with the hair dye, I was blond, red and purple!) I also used to go a bit overboard in my teens with my beloved GHD's   so as a result I have fragile hair now *sob* Because of this I am always on 
the lookout for products that will help me maintain and nourish my hair. This   is how I came across these items from Herbal Essence. Initially it was the name that caught my eye. "Beautiful Ends - Split End Protection" Well that sold it to me. It is also for mid to long hair so ever better. This is in fact a repurchase for me as I loved it so much. It does exactly as it says it does. It leaves my hair feeling super soft and healthy and it is raspberry scented so smells delicious. After using this my hair always feels nourished, a bit like the feeling you get when you leave the hairdressers and at £3.89 each it is not pricey at all.

♥ Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream:
This leads me onto my next product. As it was 3 for 2 in Boots on haircare I thought I would pick up this cream from the same collection. I already use the VO5 Smoothly Does It Heat Protect Serum (featured in my current favourites a couple of posts ago) which I love but I thought I would also give this a try as this is specifically for split ends. Again it is raspberry scented which is amazing. 

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash:
There has been a lot of hype about this product for a while and I know I am very late to the party with this one but I finally picked it up today and I am so glad I did. It is ah-may-zing! I fell in love with the smell instantly and I can not wait to use it. I absolutely love fruity scented body washes or scrubs as it makes me feel extra clean and fresh. Also I think it is reasonably priced. For £6.50 you get a 500ml bottle. Also, a lot of the time Soap & Glory is on offer for 3 for 2 so a definite must have. 

♥ Burt's Bees Nourishing Mango Lip Balm:
Again, this is another repurchase for me. I think it is so important to look after your lips and keep them hydrated all year round. For me, to do that I use this lip balm. It is perfect sized that you can just pop it into your handbag. It is extremely hydrating and keeps my lips moisturised and nourished. I am also a fan of the Vaseline Rosy Lips as that adds a tint of colour but I find that this product is so much more hydrating. I love to use this all year round as during the spring/summer it re hydrates my lips and during the autumn/winter it repairs my chapped/damaged lips. I especially like to pop this on before my lipstick as I think it acts as a nice primer so I can apply my lipstick and it looks nice and smooth. Also, it is another fruit scented product which I absolutely adore. (Can you tell from this post?!) 

♥ La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo: 
Another product I am late to the party with but when it comes to my skin care I am very cautious as I like to find a routine that works for me and then stick to it. (I will be doing a post about my current skin care and the products I like to use very soon) I am always wishing for better skin and I have read such great things about this product so I thought it was about time I gave it a go. I will be doing a post on this once I have used it for a while and got a feel for it so keep a look out for that but from what I have read/heard I am expecting great things from this *fingers crossed*

Pink Polka Dot Mirror:
I was on the hunt for a mirror that was big enough for me to use to apply my make up but small enough to travel around with me and I came across this little beauty. It is slightly larger that most travel mirrors but what I like about this one is you can lift up the lid and flip it over so it acts as a stand for the mirror. So perfect if you need to use both hands. It is clear plastic with fuchsia pink polka dots on it and I absolutely love it.  

That is all for today for my mini Boots splurge, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. Please let me know in the comments if you use any of the products I mentioned or if you have any that you can recommend for me as I would love to know.

Carla ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment