I know it has been a long time since I've posted on here. The last time I posted was in June 2014. I'm not going to go into the details too much as it was personal but last summer we unexpectedly lost two family friends and, as you can imagine, I wasn't really in the right place to be interacting with the internet and wasn't feeling very inspired to blog, and I didn't want to put up half hearted posts. I wanted to come back to blogging naturally and not put pressure on myself.
Recently I have been feeling much more inspired and actually coming up with ideas for posts so thought it was about time I whipped my laptop out again and posted on here.
In my last post I spoke about a walk that I was taking part in for the charity 'The British Heart Foundation.' The walk was a huge challenge, mentally and physically. It was an emotional roller-coaster and we were walking for 24 hours straight. It was all worth it though as I managed to raise £1000.00. However, 16 months on the walk is still very much on my mind as I am now suffering the consequences.
I wont bore you with the details but I have patellar tendinitis. I have caused damage to my tendon connecting my quadriceps and kneecap to my tibia. With the trauma from the walk and regular exercise I have done since then it has caused the tendon to become inflamed and damaged. Which means I am on anti inflammatory tablets, am seeing a physiotherapist and have been signed off work for two weeks. I put off going to the doctors as it wasn't causing me much pain, only every now and then but the more exercise I did the more I found it was hurting. The doctor explained that I have basically made it worse as I haven't rested it and allowed time to heal, hence why now I am off work.
But what that does mean is that I now have a lot of free time on my hands and I have to spend the majority of it in bed, so I can start posting again and with Christmas around the corner (oh yes I am one of those kind of people, I've been excited since June!) I will be doing a lot of online shopping and wish list making!
Let me know in the comments if you are excited for Christmas and have you started shopping yet? ;)
Carla ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment